What if I can’t afford this program?
The PROactive Pronunciation System is an extremely UNIQUE and TAILORED program. It offers support like no other! The cost is competitive given the value that our clients receive and the time spent with each client with unlimited feedback. If price is an issue, work at your own pace by going through the training via the book, audiobook, or video course.
What will I need to start the program?
You need nothing more than a computer or cell phone with a functioning camera and microphone, a WIFI/Internet connection of 10Mbps or higher, and access to a quiet, private space.
Why is accent reduction left out of most typical ESL programs?
Accent reduction is based in applied linguistics and speech pathology. ESL is foreign language instruction. ESL instruction is not rooted in the detailed knowledge of anatomy and speech physiology. This is the area of expertise for Speech Language Pathologists.
Why should I apply for the 1 on 1 Coaching Program?
• Results: If you complete the PROactive Pronunciation System, and follow the recommended practice, you are expected to see results of 50-80% fewer pronunciation differences in standard American English.
• Expertise: You will be working directly one-on-one with a certified Compton P-ESL Accent Modification Coach who has a Master in Health Science/Speech and Language Degree with 12 years of articulation experience. You have come to the right place!
• Flexibility: Book your sessions on our convenient booking tool, all while enjoying the convenience of training in the comfort of your location of choice, at a time that is convenient for you.
• Price: Our price is extremely competitive. You will not find another course that includes this degree of individualized care and unlimited support and feedback. The Value you receive via support in this program is what makes this program stand out from the rest.
• Ease: Our simple to use home practice makes learning a breeze. You will be provided with convenient scheduling options and equally convenient virtual training.
• Support: We will customize all of your exact pronunciation needs with a FULLY TAILORED plan. Your coach will be with you through the whole process, with messaging between sessions, and file sharing for regular support. You’re not alone anymore!
How can I trust that this program really works?
This method demonstrates consistent learner improvement of at least 50%-80%. Speak with your Instructor about our Satisfaction Guarantee: because we TRUST in this process! Learners will quickly and permanently change the muscle memory of their speech mechanism. As a result, our clients master English sounds that had previously been difficult to pronounce.
Will I lose my accent altogether?
You will learn how to pronounce the sounds in English that don’t occur in your native language along with English stress and intonation patterns thus reducing the language barrier. Think of it as gaining a new “tool” to use in your daily life as you so desire. You will also be able to use your former accent whenever you choose. This is called “code switching”. The goal is to eliminate communication barriers caused by pronunciation differences.
Why is English pronunciation so difficult?
Pronunciation is often not taught, and even taught incorrectly, when Instructors are not native English speakers and do not have a background knowledge of how speech and language work. You must first learn to hear and distinguish the sounds of English before you can produce them.
To further complicate matters, English words are not necessarily pronounced the way they are spelled. Another reason is that adult speakers need to learn how to use speech muscles in ways that are different than in one's native language.
I am a busy professional, what if I don’t have the time to practice?
As with all types of learning, practice is an essential component for change. This Program will require a commitment on your part, however, much of the practice is conversation. When you speak with your family, colleagues, or patients, you will use this as practice when you use your skills intentionally.
What results can I expect?
Results expected are a 50-80% improvement in speech sounds with the recommended daily practice. Improvement is noticeable in within the first session. With 1 hour of practice daily, learners typically make >80% improvement after 13 sessions.